A wonderful opportunity to work at a Pyramid Plus Demonstration Site in Broomfield. Bal Swan Children’s Center is hiring a full-time, year round co-lead teacher for 3.5 – 5 year olds. Successful candidate must have ECE degree, knowledge of TS Gold and Pyramid practices and be a strong team player. Position begins August 14, 2017. Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If interested in interviewing, a job description and approximate salary with benefits will be provided.
The Pyramid Model Consortium offers suggestions in "Supporting Children & Families during a Difficult Time" (Fox, Hemmeter, Strain, Allen, Ferro, & Binder, 2016) for program leaders and practitioners in dealing with potential issues and supporting young children and families during challenging times.
"All young children with disabilities should have access to inclusive high quality early childhood programs where they are provided with individualized and appropriate supports to enable them to meet high expectations."
- This is the second poster presentation on the work of the Pyramid Plus Center presented at a Global Implementation Conference (GIC).
- This year the conference was held in Dublin, Ireland, May 26-28, 2015. The 3rd biennial Global Implementation Conference focused on the role of implementation for Large Scale Social Impact.
- The goal of the GIC 2015 was to bring key stakeholders together around a common agenda focused on building the implementation capacity of organizations and systems to create collective and social impact.
- The Pyramid Plus Center is honored to be part of a global effort to improve implementation of evidence-based practice while advancing professional development in early childhood education and improving the lives of young children and their families.
- A copy of the 6 slide ‘flash presentation’ is posted here.
The 2015 Pyramid Plus Annual Report is now available! - click on one of the links below to read about what the Pyramid Plus Center has done since its inception in 2009.
Check out our NEW Webinar Page! Webinars just posted include the NEW Community Perceptions of Inclusive Practices (CPIP) Webinar and our 2012-2013 Demonstration Site Webinar Series.
Dr. Phil Strain delivers a keynote on Inclusion Thursday morning, May 15th in the Hyatt Place Cherry Creek Ballroom
Interested in learning new ways to address the needs of infants and toddlers with Autism? Check out the NEW Infant Toddler Autism Certificate at UCDenver!
NEW Preschool Inclusion Resources! Click on the links below to view these brief, informative resources from Dr. Barbara Smith, Dr. Phil Strain and Dr. Erin Barton. For more resources for Administrators, see our Resource Page for Families, Providers, and Administrators.
Fact Sheet of Research on Preschool Inclusion - Created by Dr. Erin Barton and Dr. Barbara Smith in 2014, this handout presents a list of 11 evidence-based facts that support inclusive practices in the preschool.
- BRIEF Fact Sheet of Research on Preschool Inclusion - One page version of the above resource
- Inclusion for Preschool Children with Disabilities: What We Know and Should Be Doing - Dr. Phil Strain
- IDEA Provisions Supporting Preschool Inclusion - Created by Dr. Barbara Smith, this handout briefly outlines provisions in IDEA that support inclusive practices in the preschool.
The first Pyramid Plus Beyond the Basics Conference was a success with over 125 early childhood professionals in attendance from around the state of Colorado. Thanks to our wonderful presenters and sponsors for making this event possible!
Learn how Bal Swan, a Pyramid Plus site in Broomfield, is implementing the Pyramid Plus approach in their school. Watch videos...
Need to hire a Certified Coach or Trainer for your program or community? Check out our new Find a Coach/Trainer page!
Connecting Community (CGTV 11) TV Show-Pyramid Plus Certified Coaches share their efforts in promoting the Pyramid Plus approach throughout the Pitkin County and Aspen/Snowmass region (September 2011)